Tuesday 3 February 2015

Speed painting Khador

Ages ago I got the Warmachine Starter Box, which has Menoth and Khador forces in. I have painted and used the Menoth force a few times but the Khador got glued together and shoved to the back of the cupboard.

Well I decided it was time that changed. So over the last 2 evenings I have done this.
Its the starter set plus the wardog. I got the wardog because the Menoth set that comes in the starter box is 1 point more than the Khador force, and when you have a point left over for Khador the wardog is the miniature you want.


I did paint him ages ago which is why the red does not match with rest (plus some of paint has chipped off, which I'm classing as battle damage).


Kommander Sorscha is the Warcaster in the starter set, I did write about her in a previous blog when there was a Journeyman League starting at the old club, shame it didn't go anywhere. She's a pretty solid caster with an amazing assassination run from a long way away.

The Destroyer and Juggernaut are the two Heavy Warjacks I also wrote about in the previous blog.
Both pretty good Jacks, but Khador have much better ones which I'll get to later.


 Man-O-War Shocktroopers are big and 'ard! With naturally high armour and the ability to shield wall as an order with 8 damage boxes each they can take some shifting! They have a good strength melee attack and a powerful yet short range attack. On the downside they are slow!

So that's what I have painted so far, on the bench I have Kommandant Irusk, a Koldun Lord and a Manhunter.

If I do take these any further, which I really want to do, I have a few ideas...

Warcaster: Sorscha and Irusk are good, but you cannot overlook the Butcher!
Warjacks: I have always loved the Spriggan, 2 ranged attacks, 2 melee attacks and a few special rules make this a great choice. If you take Irusk's tier list they are a point cheaper which you cannot argue with. Plus it has a really cool name!
The Devastator is another awesome jack, all I need say is armour 25!!! I know it drops when you attack but that is a lot of armour. Its 'rain of death' attack can also be a game winner. It too is 1 point cheaper in Irusk's tier list.
So with the tier points decrease and Irusk's 6 warjack points that's these 2 monsters for 11 points!
Units: Don't think I need to write about the Winter Guard death star, but its on the list. Iron Fang are an amazing unit, with the officer attachment and Iron Fang Kovnik nearby they last a while and really dish out some punishment, they are a maybe as I really like the Assault Kommandos. With a choice of 2 range attacks and 2 melee attacks, they are not bad. Add to that they ignore cloud effects, have the assault and battery and shield wall orders at 8 points for 10 they work for me. The attachment I'm not too sure about, it will take some testing to see if I can work out how to use him. But he does have a flame thrower!
Solos: Kovnik Jozef Grigorovich is an auto include if you have the Winter Guard, he just does so much for them.
The Man-O-War Drakhun is solid, high armour, loads of hit boxes and hits really hard. But he only has 1 attack on the charge, but it hurts!

So a few things to think about, but I am leaning towards Irusk and his tier list, even its just tier one for the reduction on the jacks...

So to add to the models painted this year I can add: Sorscha, Destroyer and Juggernaut warjacks, 5 Man-O-War Shocktroopers and a wardog (Well I only finished the base, but its still finished).

I know I should be painting Goblins for the 19th, but just can't bring myself to do them at the moment, but I will...


That's it for now, as always, thanks for stopping by and hope to see you again soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment