Monday 16 February 2015

4Grounds Stoic Arms day 2

So day 2, I finished off the ground floor except the windows, so that was the roof and the stairs. Just like everything else they went together really well.
On to the second floor, pretty much more of the same and so far all the parts are coming out nicely and the fit is tight enough that its hold together while the glue dries. 
 

The pegs came in really handy and the walls fit well enough that the pegs didn't move anything out of place.
 

Pegs, pegs and more pegs. The stairs are put together the same as the ground floor and don't need support while the glue dries.
 

I still had the same problems as before with door frames, some are such a tight fit that they snap when you push them in. I fixed this by gluing the small broken piece in the corner and then glue the other bit and push it in. Not perfect but the door opens and closes, which is a bonus.
 

One set of the double doors went in fine, the second set snapped, I fixed this the same way as the other door.
 

The frame work on the first floor does not have the base to glue onto like the ground floor so you have eye ball it. Its not much of a problem as the parts match identically, I did have to take one side off as when I pegged it, it moved. It came apart easy and went back together again with no problems, just had to keep checking as it was drying that it had not slipped again. Also as the first picture shows the frame works hangs over the edge, so best to let it dry with a box underneath so it doesn't push up.
 

More frames, they go together nicely and had to use the bands it hold it tight at the bottom. The second picture shows how much glue I used and where I put, this is about all it needs and I certainly wouldn't cover the whole thing.
 

The coloured sections in the frame are the same as the ground floor, the first picture shows the sheet they come on. So a lot more of the same push, glue, insert and repeat, a lot more!
 

Remember I said the door frames were thin? as you can see they snap, it snapped as I was putting in the part that holds the door, so had to clean it up and I used the bit that holds the door to glue it back together. I'm not really happy with the way they keep breaking, so  I have a plan for the next door that has to go in but will take some pictures as I do it and explain my plan them.

The roof goes on in parts and simply pushes on. One was a bit fiddly as it had to be put in the back and pushed into place, but the photos about this bit were very clear and it worked. Even the inside of the roof is detailed, the panels are the same as coloured sections in between the frames, just a bit thicker, simply push them out, bit of glue and peg in place.
The windows are really well detailed and thin! they are attached to the sheet in the bottom corner and no matter how gently I took them out about 25% were damaged. Its not really a big problem as when you put them in the holes you can't really see the damage. These are the only parts so far that I used the knife to remove from the frame. I pushed them out as far as I dared and then used the knife to cut the corner out. Out of the whole kit this is the only part I'm bit disappointed with.

So after 2 days the ground and first floor are done. Still really impressed with it, and all the doors still open and close. 

Not sure when I'll get chance to do more as I have to work, boo! But someone has to do it I guess.

So day 3 to follow...

Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you again soon. 





No comments:

Post a Comment