Sunday 8 February 2015

Troll Slayer and 4Grounds Fabled Realms

So after seeing Riots Troll Slayer which can be found here, I had to do one! I went to the shed and found the one I knew I had. I also found some other great things, but I'll save them for another blog.

So here he is:
 

I have to admit that I really enjoyed painting him, I had a few issues though, mainly was I used the purple wash from Secret Weapon and it came out glossy, a few coats of matt vanish and it became bearable. This was not the issue though, it was the colour, I painted the flesh and trousers first and it just wasn't working, but I carried on and the beard made it work so I left it. I was going to change them to the traditional blue and white strips that can be seen on the front cover on the 1st Fantasy Role Play book, which if I do another one will be what I go with.

It also highlighted that I'm not very good with clean metal, at one point it nearly got stripped after the first layer of silver on the axe, but I just carried on and cleaned it up a bit and covered the messy bit in blood, sorted!

I'm pleased with the way he came out, but still need to base him...

I also have no use for this fellow as I don't play Dwarfs and have intention of starting now, I don't role play so can't use him there, so this leaves the question what do I do with him? The answer is, his the founding member of the M&M team! What is the M&M team? Misfits and Miscreants Team! Its a group of models I have no use of but really want to paint. I will also paint these models when I'm fed up with painting the stuff I have to paint, a change is as good as a rest a they say.  I have few models knocking about that will fit nicely into the team, next up is a Dark Elf Shade, the ultimate traveling companion of a Dwarf! New members of the M&M Team will appear as and when, so no promises as to when they will be on here.

I have not done anymore of the Maggoth Lord, but will try and do more soonish...

I went to Dark Sphere the other day and came away with this:
 

 

This is the Fabled Realms Mordanburg Highstreet House 01 from 4Ground and its awesome! It went together really quickly and easily. The PVA drying time was the only thing that really slowed it down. It comes pre cut and pre coloured, it is as simple as gluing it together. I was a bit on the fence about these to start with, was not convinced they would go together like it says on the packet. But now I will happily get a few more and make up a small town. If I ever have a spare £125.00 this will be the centre piece!



  As Fleeing Fred is demonstrating it's the perfect size of Warhammer Fantasy and also goes really nicely with Warmachine.
As you can see from above the inside is detailed and the roof and floors separate and the doors open and close so you can get inside them, which is great for you role players.

I can't recommend these enough, they are simply great!


So to the list of painted models I can add the founding member of the M&M team and a Skorne Brute light warbeast (coming soon to a blog near you).

Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you again soon...

2 comments:

  1. Like your paint jobs as always and as you know I have built a ruined church from 4 ground and PVA was too slow, bits would not stick right or fast enough. In the end I used super glue, cheaper the better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sir, loads more to come, just have to find the will...
    PVA was a problem, did think about super glue but as it was the first one I actually followed the instructions!!! I will be getting more of them so might try super glue.

    ReplyDelete