Tuesday 17 February 2015

Khador All-in-One Army Box

Maybe this blog be should be titled 'I knew I Married Her For A Reason'

My wife casually brought up in conversation the other day she is going aboard to stay with her aunt for a week, fair enough. 'When' I asked? 'Thursday week' was the reply. Awesome a week alone... what will I do? can I blag more time off work? how much of a mess can I make in a week?

Then she informs that she is going alone and leaving the kids with me, oh well, I have no problem with this at all, but all them plans I had in them few seconds gone.

So, the postman knocks with a package this morning that my wife hands to me... I check, its not ticking, it has no haz-chem symbols so I open it.

 






'Oh', is about all I can manage. She goes on to explain that she doesn't want me to get bored while she is away. I now have 3 thoughts: 1, How awesome is this! 2. I obviously done a better job than I thought hiding all the stuff I got recently. 3. So you get a kid free week in the sun in a luxury apartment and I get a box of models. Again I have no problems with this.

So as Brad Pitt asked 'Whats in the box?'
This!
1x Epic Sorscha
2x Heavy Warjacks
1x War Dog Solo
1x Widowmaker Unit 
1x Winter Guard Unit with 3 Rocket Attachments
1x Winter Guard Officer and Standard Bearer Attachment
1x Kovnic Jozeg Grigorovich Solo
1x Lady Aiyana and Master Holt Mercenary Unit
Mini Rule Book
Strategy Cards with tactical tips

 
The mini rule book is exactly the same as the big one without all the fluff and faction backgrounds, plus its a lot easier to carry around. The strategy cards tell you a bit about the how to use the army and what they recommend for growing your force. Nothing special but the quality is top notch.

Sorscha, the dog, Joe, Widowmakers, Winter Guard Officer and Standard Bearer and Aiyana and Holt come in shell blisters with no card insert, the cards for these were tucked in the rule book. 
This is what I'm most excited about, Even though they advertised on the box you get a Spriggan and Demolisher you get the choice of all 3 Jacks that come in the standard box, so you can have 2 Spriggans, 2 Demolishers, 2 Devastators or any combination you want really. I really thought you would have only got the bits to make a Spriggan and a Demolisher, but I'm really happy to be wrong. Will have to have a look and see about magnetizing them... But 2 Demolishers marching down the field sounds pretty cool to me. 
Last but not least the Winter Guard, what more can I say, Winter Guard Death Star in a box! it has everything you can have! 

Not sure about Aiyanne and Holt, but I have the Widowmaker Marksman and a Manhunter so its an easy swap. The one thing about Aiyanna and Holt being mercenaries is that I can paint them however I want (I know I can paint anything anyway I want, but the other Khador stuff I have is red). So might give them a bit of attention and come up with something different.

That's it for now,  will hopefully be back with day 3 of the Stoic Arms soon and then I guess I'm on to Khador! 

Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you again soon.

Oh, and my missus is awesome! Don't tell her I said that... 







No comments:

Post a Comment