Friday 27 February 2015

4Grounds Stoic Arms day 4

I'm on a roll, day 4 and the third and final floor. 



Starting this one with another issue, again its not a problem as its pretty obvious the numbers on the instructions are wrong. Its also pretty obvious what are the correct bits and where they go.
 
Again another issue, I have no idea why they are all in last few bits of the build? The first picture shows another connector that does not fit in the hole, Again this was corrected the same as before by cutting the connector off. The second picture just shows the inside of the third floor with the ever popular pegs.
 

The rest of the floor went together well and I done the same as before with the bay windows, its much easier to glue the supports to the window and glue it to roof that is in place. The doors all open and close and went in nicely using the bevelling idea I talked about in the previous blog.
 
The roof looks really simple to go together, but it was a bit of a sod! every time you add another roof panel one comes loose so you are constantly chasing yourself trying to get them to stick. So I got round this simply by gluing the bottom 2 panels and letting it dry before adding the rest. The second picture is more frame work with coloured insert.
 
As I was having problems popping the windows out of the frame I decided to remove as much of the frame as possible. You can only do this towards the end as the windows are so tightly cut onto the sheet you have to wait until lots of them have been removed, or you will break more windows than you save, but the good news doing it this way is that the last few windows come out nicely. The second picture show a momentous step, the last of the push, glue, insert and repeat!
 

More of the thinner wood interior colours, again they go in easy and just need holding while it dries.
The second picture is the completed third floor, nice simple and fairly quick.
 

The Stoic Arms comes with pictures you can cut out and glue on the side of the Inn and in sign posts. Nice as they were I added my own, so I have changed the name form the Stoic Arms to the Flaming Heretic. This was really easy to do, simply create the picture you want on any art programme and print to size. As you can see I had the picture and text already from the blog. Soooooooooooo nearly finished, just a few more final details.
 
The last frame! The chimneys are simple box builds that you can add details to. The sheet has a few more than you need, so you add more chimneys if you wish, but I'm gonna save the left overs for the other buildings I'll get to add to my village. Yes, this experience has not put off getting more.
 

The first picture shows some of the details you can add to the end of the chimneys. The second picture is all the roofs finished with chimneys. This is also the last piece of the build!!! The crowd went wild and there was much rejoicing all throughout the night, not really, I cleaned up and went to bed.

So without further ado... I give you the fully operational Death St... Sorry, watching Star Wars, still one of my all time favorite films!

The Flaming Heretic Inn


 

 

 

So there you have it, all done. What a monster! Its an absolutely amazing kit that I feel is worth the money. It was not without it issues, but I worked out a way around most of them. All in all in one word, 'IMPRESSIVE'

That's it for now, I was meant to be doing that wonderful Khador stuff my wife got me to do while she is away, but I am in full Menoth mode at the moment. I know when I started this blog I said my main Warmahordes faction is Menoth (hence the blog name), I have quite a lot of it but have never blogged about them or posted any pictures. Well with my next blog that will change... (he says).

Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you again soon.


 




No comments:

Post a Comment