Thursday 29 January 2015

Fleeing Fred

Meet Fleeing Fred...

This is the  model that comes with the Warhammer Giant. I painted him for 2 reason, the first was to how fast I could paint a model from start to finish.
So from clipping from the frame to flocking took me 23 minutes. I only timed the actual time I was painting, so the sand on the base drying and wash drying is not included. So considering who long he took I think he came out rather well. I must admit that his mainly shades of brown, which is my favorite colour to paint and the 3 brown Citadel washes are great. The whole model is base coat, wash and highlight, nice and simple.


The second reason for painting him was to add some scale to my photos. Most people reading this will know how big a standard 28mm man is. So when you see him next a monster model or any model to that matter, you should get a good idea of how big it is.




Lets see him in action...

So as you can see, the giant is... well giant really!

Oh I also finished my giant.


He took me a lot longer than I thought, but kept changing bits and used really thin paint, so had to wait to for them to fully dry before adding the next coat and in the case if the yellow, the next coat and the next and the next...

Now I should get on with my Goblins for the 19th, but really want to finish my Maggoth Lord...

So to the list of painted models this year I can add Fleeing Fred and the Giant.

Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you again real soon and who knows, I might have a finished Maggoth Lord to show...

No comments:

Post a Comment