Tuesday 20 January 2015

The end times are here!

Again I have to start with an apology, its been far to long but a lot has been happening.
My mother in law finally passed away today after an horrifying battle with cancer. All mother in law jokes aside it was heartbreaking to watch and my wife has finally fallen asleep after being awake for about 48 hours.
As I can't sleep I thought now is a good a time as any to get back into this thing. I know it might seem a bit cold waffling on about painting and playing with toy soldiers today, but I have to do something and I'm not painting this time night! Last time I done that the daylight revealed a slightly different result, so much so the miniature had to go in the goo and be started again!

So what have I been up to in all this time...

Well I have been practicing with the new airbrush my missus got me for Christmas, and until it clicks its a real sod! This is the first thing I am willing to post pictures of.




This is the Griffon from the Isle of Blood starter set, but i didn't like the elf on his back so off he came and I'm waiting on the wizard that comes in Karl Franz box. I need to see how he will fit and will have to make up a saddle. So hopefully more on this to follow. But as a first real attempt at airbrushing I'm happy with it.

My daughter fell in love with Legolas after we watched the Hobbit, and when she found out she could have an army of Wood Elves she fell back on my old trick of relentlessly banging on to mummy (or in my case wife) about models she simply has to have!  I must point out at this time she is far better at it than me!! So as Christmas was coming up we got her the army book and few box sets. After a few nights painting when she was bed I managed to come up with this.





Meet Sir Barky, I really enjoyed painting this and she absolutely loves it!






She also has some Dryads, Glade Guards and Daughters of the Thorn. She also saw the art work for Ariel and wants her as well, but as only her husband got rules in the new book I will have to come up with something for her (suggestions very welcome).

The End Times! This is the first thing that has me excited about fantasy in a while, I really like the story and what they are doing, so much scope for scenarios and one off special games. Not too sure I'm happy with what GW have planned for the future (if rumors are true), but we shall wait and see.
I have seen which way the wind is blowing and present this meager offering to the new Chaos overlords.

This guy is going on a converted beast that I'm working on, hopefully more to follow and will do some work in progress stuff and dare I say write about how I'm doing it!


I am also working on this (I know, I know, just for once finish something!).

      
 
Happy so far, but a way to go.

That's it for now, will try and get to you soon with a nurgle update, just need to get through the next few days. Thanks for stopping by and sticking with me and hopefully 2015 will see some of these promised blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment