Saturday 24 January 2015

Plaguebearers, Tamurkhan and deadlines

So it looks like I'm doing a Chaos Legion for the End Times. As more of a fluffy player than a competitive player I'm thinking of doing some type of Beastmen force with a few Warriors on the side. I used Beastmen in a massive End Times game the other day and was impressed, as they are considered totally outdated and not very good I wasn't expecting much, but on the whole they done really well and the 4th level Beastman Shaman was fantastic.
As you can now summon Daemons in the new End Time rules I have done these:


Really pleased with how these came out and will do a few more. Really like the look of the Plague Drones, so will have to get a few of them just in case the I can get the higher level summoning spell off. Three of them appearing from nowhere can't be a bad thing, can it?

Hopefully more on this to follow...

As I'm doing Nurgle my friend said that I might like the Tamurkhan book, 'The what book' was my reply. He reached down into his pile of books and pulled out a might tomb. This is the Tamurkhan front cover.

It turns out Tamurkhan is forgeworld book. Its truly awesome, the quality is top notch, from the layout, art, right through to the paper its printed on is outstanding. It's a campaign book about a Chaos invasion, that includes some fantastic stories, full campaign rules and rules for special characters. Not only Chaos get new rules, but Empire get a mental looking landship and it has the only official rules for Chaos Dwarfs (that I know of). So as you can probably guess, I'm pretty impressed with book, couldn't bring myself to ask how much it cost... If I knew I probably wouldn't have brought it home!

The one thing that really stuck out in this book to me was the Rot Knights, its a special rule that allows you to swap Chaos Knight steeds for a Rotbeast. Basically it turns them into monstrous cavalry. I have a few ideas how to make them, but will be a while till I get round to them... 

The old club might have new home, if it pans out we will be meeting the Creative Biscuit in Woodford, details can be found HERE.

My first game will be against Skaven (I hate Skaven!) And if he brings a doomrocket I'm gonna force feed him everything he kills with it! If you look back through the blog to my first ever fantasy game you will understand where my hatred of Skaven and doomrockets comes from. 

So I have until the 19th of February to come up with a 1000 point list. I only have 750 points painted, I have worked out what I want to take and only need to paint 13 models. So should be doable... 

Riot over at Riotville is counting the models he paints this year, so in a shameless rip off I'm gonna do the same!

So far this year I have painted a Nurgle Lord on foot and 10 Plaguebearers. Few other bits nearly finished...

Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you again soon.       












No comments:

Post a Comment